Sunday, April 26, 2009

Coffee talk 4/26/09

Pour your coffee and settle in, coffee talk is about to begin...

Congratulations to Stacie Tracey for running the ALS race in 27.22. Is the girl not amazing? Is there anything she can't do? Fabulous cook (i know this personally) great personality, and works her butt off to run like I know she can. I am so proud of you Stacie. And I know I speak for everyone when I say that. Can't wait until Sunday! You are going to run a fantastic race.

We are into the final countdown. Just think, this time next week, we are going to be DONE! After that, who knows where we will be but next week's race marks 1 year that we have been running together. Where has the time gone?

This week is a taper week and its really important that you keep your mileage low - 4 miles Monday, 30 minute run Wednesday, 3 miles Thursday-- and maintain your nutrition and hydration. The extended forecast looks to be 60 degrees, which could go either way in terms of temperature depending upon humidity. Fortunately, 1/2 marathoners and marathoners begin at 8:30. 5k runners will begin at 11:00 a.m. I will be in touch with those that have signed up for the race about a meeting place and time of departure. No need to bore those that are not running with the details of before, during and after the race :)

Sole Sisters will continue to run throughout the summer; however, there will be no training schedule for any race until we start to train for Cape Cod Marathon and Relay. I am really excited about the relay teams and those who are looking to complete a marathon. The weekend promises to be an exciting one. For those on board with this, we are going to meet on our own to discuss logistics and how it will all work so that everyone has a thorough understanding of what is expected and what your training will need to consist of.

That's all for now. Enjoy your week. Let me know if you have any questions. And remember--hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Keep on keepin' on...

Joyce

2 comments:

  1. So, just so I'm clear, should we hydrate? Does wine count?

    Good luck to everyone running this Sunday! I'll tray and make it over to cheer if I can get to church on time!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend everyone! I wish I was running with you, but believe me, I will be there in spirit! Go get 'em and have the race of your life!! Oh, and have fun too! :-)

    ReplyDelete